what I'm learning


It's a journey with God.
Like Abraham.
God told him to go.
He would be with him.
That was clear.
He did not know exactly where is was going.
But he did know who was leading him.
It was not about knowing where.
It was about knowing Him.
It was about trusting Him and about a relationship with Him.



 
When Jesus called his disciples.
They too did not know where He would lead them. 
But that was not a big deal. as long as they were following Him. The One they loved and trusted.





I am called on a journey with God.

I do not know exactly where He will lead me.
But I do know Him who is leading me.
I know that He is good. And that He is always faithful. I know that He has promised that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to bring it to completion.

Not knowing, as humans, is really hard. But also really good.
Because it puts me in a place of complete dependence on Him.
Because He does know every step ahead.
And yet it is not so much about knowing but about the condition of my heart.
Is it in a place of complete trust in my Father?
I am learning that He is trustworthy. 
He is trustworthy of my life and my heart and my trust.



-Rose

Comments

Popular Posts