What am I called to?

I am passionate about the orphan. Sometimes I long to hop on an airplane and go love on these little ones in an orphanage.

I am also passionate about our girls at Girl Talk. I love watching God work through us in the lives of these young girls. I love telling them about Jesus. It is a privilege to know them.

I was reading a great article recently and it really spoke to my heart in a powerful way-

It's not about being called to the orphans or to Girl-Talk. "I am called unto Jesus Christ. As daughters of the King we're called to Jesus! And each day, each task before us, is an opportunity for Him to be glorified, to know Him, and to make Him known.

Christ Jesus our Lord is to be our motive, our reason, and our enablement to whatever we do and whatever passions we have. And there is both safety and infinite joy in this reality! Amy Carmichael has often encouraged my soul with the truthful reminder, 'It is a safe thing to trust Him, to fulfill the desires which He creates.' I encourage you dear sisters, though winter may be all around us, to be a radiant bloom wherever God has planted you. You are not your own. Trust that He will fulfill the desires He creates and that the truest joy and fulfillment is found in Him alone. " (-Annie, setapartgirl Magazine)

Have a peace-filled day!

Rosemary

Comments

  1. So true- we are called to Jesus! I'm thankful for the many ways you encourage me. Annalisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts